Re: Centerboard ply core

dennis@...

I agree, these boats do not have reserve floatation in their floats. Adding weight to the main hull will therefore not increase stability or inertia in roll. Adding water ballast will only submerge the floats faster and the free surface effect, in case water moves sideways inside the hull, could well serve to roll the boat once the lee float is buried. Water ballast in the high side float could work though, as that would rely on the buoyancy of the main hull, which is more than adequate. But whether tge gains woukd be worth it. I have my doubts.

Join TrailerTris@FCT.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.