Roller furler and Sumbrella

Paul Macloy

What's the groups thoughts on sun protection for a rolling furler.

Sewn on Sumbrella strip so when rolled up its automatically protected. Does this affect sail shape?

Hoistable sumbrella sock that needs to be remembered to be pulled up each and every time furler is rolled. This can be pulled tight and prevent any accidental unrolling of jib when yacht is unattended.

🤔🤔

dennis@...

I would go with the sewn on sacrificial strip. But I never race. it's easy enough to belay the sheets to prevent it from flogging. Just remember to re-roll neatly in case it was rolled up in a hurry.